Giesting Financial is pleased to announce the following events in our area:
- Southeastern Indiana YMCA Registration - Spring Session II: Feb. 12-April 15. Registration for Southeastern Indiana YMCA Spring II session classes runs Feb. 12-April 15 for members and Feb. 15-April 15 for potential members. Programs begin April 16. Info: www.siymca.org or 812-934-6006.
- 3 on 3 Basket Ball League. Feb. 19th. Put some play in your day in a new 3 on 3 Basketball League starting at the Southeastern Indiana YMCA. The League is for kids ages 12-18 and will be on Monday nights from 6:00-8:00 p.m, from February 19th to April 9th. Divisions will be based on sign-ups. League fee: $20 per player for all, members and potential members. Register by calling or stopping by the Southeastern Indiana YMCA Member Service Desk at 812-934-6006 or on the website at www.siymca.org. Questions? Contact Jacob Garvin at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Southeastern Indiana YMCA is located at 30 State Road 129 South, Batesville, IN 47006.
- Second Annual State of City Address: Feb. 20th. Mayor Mike Bettice will present his second annual State of City Address on Feb. 20th at 6:30PM in the Batesville Middle School Commons.
- Ripley County Relay for Life Meeting: Feb.28 . Batesville Public Library. There will be a Ripley County Relay for Life meeting at the Batesville Memorial Public Library from 6-8 PM on Feb. 28th. Leadership will meet at 6 PM and teams will meet at 7 PM.
- Amack’s Well Music Night: Mar. 2nd. Amack’s Well Coffee House, 103 E George St . Batesville,. Morgan Kramer will be performing at Amack's Well on Friday, March 2nd starting at 7 pm. Come support a local business and local musician.
- Women’s Self-Defense Class: Mar. 10th. A women’s self-defense class will be offered at the Southeastern Indiana YMCA on Saturday, March 10th from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Learn the basic skills necessary to protect yourself by fighting back the S.A.F.E. way. The class is free to the community and will be instructed by Tami Watson, NRA Instructor, Watson Chambers Defense Institute and former Indiana State Trooper, along with Senior Master George Dwenger. Please RSVP by calling the YMCA Member Service Desk at 812-934-6006 starting February 12th, so we can have enough volunteers to facilitate the program. The Southeastern Indiana YMCA is located at 30 State Road 129 South, Batesville, IN 47006.
- Tree County Players: Mar. 5th & 6th. Auditions for the Tree County Players youth production of "James and the Giant Peach" will be March 5-6, 5-8 p.m., Tree County Players Main Street Playhouse, 634 W. Main St., Greensburg. Auditioners must be 18 or younger. Show dates are April 27, 28 and 29. Info: Lori Durbin, email@example.com.
- Ripley County Bicentennial Committee: March 5th. The Ripley County Bicentennial Committee will meet March 6, 5 p.m., Osgood Grub Co. New members always are welcome to help plan the April 15 celebration. Info: Terri Trowbridge, firstname.lastname@example.org or 812-689-7431.
- St. Louis Super Sunday Bingo: Mar. 11th. St. Louis School, 17 E St Louis Pl, Batesville, IN **$15,000 Total Pay Out** Cash Raffle, Door Prizes & Pull Tabs Ticket Package: Play ALL DAY for $45 Includes paper games, door prizes, raffle ticket and a fried chicken or pulled pork meal! Doors open at 11am, Early Bird games begin at 1pm. Visit STLBingo.org for additional information or to register online, or Call 812-93-BINGO. All proceeds benefit St. Louis School. (IGC Permits - Bingo: #144711 & Raffle: #144712)
- Easter Egg Hunt: Mar. 31st. The Ripley County Chamber of Commerce is sponsoring an Easter Egg Hunt at Versailles State Park starting at 11AM. For more information:http://www.ripleycountychamber.org/news.asp?NewsID=52
- Ripley County Relay for Life: June 9th. The Ripley County Relay for Life will be an 18 hour event beginning at 9AM on June 9th, and ending at 3AM on June 10th.
- Ripley Chamber Fireworks: June 29th. The Ripley County Chamber of Commerce 17th Annual Fireworks will be held on Friday, June 29 at the Ripley County Department of Parks & Recreation (Ripley County Fairgrounds) in Osgood, Indiana. The evening will begin at 5:00 p.m. with food and craft vendors.
- Ripley County Fair: July 22 - July 27. The Ripley County Fair will be from July 22-27th at the Ripley County Fairgrounds in Osgood, IN