Giesting Financial is pleased to announce the following events in our area:
- RAA “World Music Concert”: May 25 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm. Please join us for a night of music from around the world as Leon Enneking and Guests present a World Music Concert, Friday, May 25 at 7pm in the BHS Auditorium. The concert will feature the musicians highlighted below and will also include special performances by the Batesville Steel Band and BMS students.Performing musicians are:Sowah Mensah, ethnomusicologist, composer and Master Drummer from Ghana West Africa. He has taught music in Ghana and Nigeria and is currently a music professor in St. Paul, MN. Chris Tanner is the founder and director of the Miami University Steel Band. Josh Ryan teaches percussion and workshops for music educators throughout the country. The Africa West Percussion Trio is dedicated to the performance of African and Afro-Caribbean styles of music in addition to Wester music for percussion. This free concert is sponsored by the Rural Alliance for the Arts, The VISION Fund and the Rockwood Foundation.
- Memorial Day Ceremonies: May 28th. The Honor and Firing Squad will honor our deceased veterans with a brief ceremony at each of the six local cemeteries. 8:00 a.m. Holy Family Cemetery (Oldenburg). 8:30 a.m. Saint Anthony Cemetery (Morris). 9:00 a.m. Saint Mark Cemetery. 9:30 a.m. Saint John Cemetery (Huntersville). 10:00 a.m. Saint Louis Cemeter/ Methodist Cemetery. This will be followed by Memorial Day observance at Liberty Park at 11:00 a.m. hosted by the American Legion.
- National Senior Health and Fitness Day: Wednesday, May 30. All adults 60 and up are invited to celebrate National Senior Health and Fitness Day May 30, Southeastern Indiana YMCA. The day begins with a coffee social from 9-11 a.m. There will be a free Margaret Mary Health presentation at 11 a.m. along with health screenings. Info and schedule of events: 812-934-6006 or www.siymca.org.
- Bash Before the Stash: June 1, 6 p.m.Anytime Fitness is sponsoring the Bash Before the Stash June 1, 6 p.m., Lawrenceburg Event Center, with all proceeds going to Safe Passage. Cocktail hour, dinner, speech, live and silent auctions, music. Tickets are $65. To purchase: www.cincy.live and search for 4th annual Bash Before the Stash; email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or 812-593-3413.
- Strawberry Festival: June 1 @ 11:00 am - 2:30 pm. Southside of the Decatur County Courthouse. Cost: $5:00.
- Ripley County Relay for Life: June 9th. The Ripley County Relay for Life will be an 18 hour event beginning at 9AM on June 9th, and ending at 3AM on June 10th.
- Eighth annual Ride to Remember: Sat.-Sun., June 9-10. The eighth annual Ride to Remember begins June 9, 8 a.m., Liberty Park, where U.S. Army Sgt. Chad Keith will be honored; and ends June 10, 5 p.m., Cliff Hill Cemetery, Versailles, where Marine Cpl. John Bishop will be remembered. The southern Indiana event pays tribute to 16 men with Hoosier ties between 19-29 who died while serving our country. Info: www.batesvilleheraldtribune.com or Tim Kieffer, email@example.com or 812-212-1297.
- RAA Community Art Show: June 21 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm. The whole month of June, art will be displayed at Amack’s Well. Stop in to see the art and vote for your favorite piece. Art Show to be held June 21st from 6:00 – 8:00, and Awards announced at 7:00 pm. Please make note of the following dates: May 31 7-8pm Entry deadline. Deliver entries to Amack’s Well at 103 East George Street, June 1-21 Vote for People’s Choice Award up until 6:45 on the 21st. June 1- July 10 Artwork on display at Amack’s Well. June 21 6- 7:30pm Award presentation. Winners announced at 7pm. Beverages and snacks available to purchase at Amack’s Well. July 10 6-7pm Artwork must be picked up at Amack’s Well or prior arrangements made.
- “Peter Pan” RAA Community Summer Musical: June 22 @ 7:00 pm - June 23 @ 10:00 pm, an June 24 at 2:00 pm. Come see your Batesville friends and neighbors perform in Peter Pan in Batesville High School's newly renovated auditorium! Showtimes as follows...Friday AND Saturday starting @ 7 PM. Sunday starting @ 2 PM. Ticket Prices are.. $5 for students $12 for adult (RAA members) $15 for adult (Non-Members)
- 5K Walk/Run: June 23. The Ripley County Chamber of Commerce 25th Annual 5K Walk/Run will be on Saturday, June 23rd on the square in Versailles, IN.Registration: $10 in advance, $15 day of race (t-shirt included). For more information or to register call: 812-689-6654.
- Ripley Chamber Fireworks: June 29th. The Ripley County Chamber of Commerce 17th Annual Fireworks will be held on Friday, June 29 at the Ripley County Department of Parks & Recreation (Ripley County Fairgrounds) in Osgood, Indiana. The evening will begin at 5:00 p.m. with food and craft vendors.
- RAA Prairie Fire Children’s Theatre Camp – Cinderella: July 9 @ 12:00 pm - July 14 @ 5:00 pm. RAA welcomes aspiring thespians age 8 to 18 to come participate in our popular week long theatre camp (July 9th-14th)! Each year, Prairie Fire directors put a fun twist on an old classic tale; this year Cinderella! At the end of the week, students will perform the play for audiences on Friday night, July 13th at 7 pm and Saturday, July 14th at noon in Batesville High School’s newly renovated auditorium. Camp will take place during the afternoons, so if your student is participating in Kids Discovery Factory’s Day Camp, they can do both! Visit the RAA website at ruralalliancearts.com after June 1st for details on time and to obtain a registration form.
- Kids Discovery Factory's 6th Annual STEAM Enrichment Day Camp: July 9th-12th. Kids Discovery Factory will host our 6th Annual Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics (STEAM) Day Camp July 9-12, 9am-11:30am daily. Activities are for students entering Kindergarten-6th grade. Pre- registration is required. Additional information and registration forms will be available at www.KidsDiscoveryFactory.org
- Ripley County Fair: July 22 - July 27. The Ripley County Fair will be from July 22-27th at the Ripley County Fairgrounds in Osgood, IN
- RAA and Cincinnati’s Shakespeare in the Park present Julius Caesar: August 16 @ 7:00 pm. Back for a third year, Cincinnati’s Shakespeare in the Park will this year present Julius Caesar with its own unique spin! Offered as a FREE community event, the play will be performed at Liberty Park at 7 pm. In case of inclement weather, the show must go on and will be moved to the Pavillion.
- Ripley Chamber Golf Scamble: August 17th. Hillcrest Golf & Country Club, 850 N Walnut St. Bateville, The Ripley County Chamber of Commerce will be holding their 18th Annual Golf Scramble on Friday, August 17th at the Hillcrest Golf & Country Club in Batesville, IN. For more information visit their website: http://www.ripleycountychamber.org/news.asp?NewsID=75
Tree-City Car Show: August 24 - August 26. There will be a 3-day Tree-City Car Show at the Decatur County Fairgrounds August 24-26. All Cars Welcome. We will be showcasing Model A and Model T cars for this event. There will be several classes for all cars entering. Prizes will include money, trophies, and ribbons.There will be a cruise in on Friday night. The weekend will be filled with food vendors, flea market vendors, a swap meet, entertainment and much more! More information coming soon for this event.
- RAA presents UIndy Jazz Ensemble for free concert in the park: October 21 @ 6:00 pm. Pack a picnic and head to Liberty Park to listen to the musical offerings of the UIndy Jazz Ensemble, under the direction of Mark O’Connor and featuring vocals by UIndy student and Batesville’s own Olivia McKnight! This ensemble is the flagship of the Jazz Studies program at the University of Indianapolis, and it performs music from the great big bands including Duke Ellington and Count Basie, as well as from modern-day composers such as Maria Schneider and Jim McNeely. Another FREE community event offered by Rural Alliance for the Arts! Concert begins at 6 pm.